The school year is well and truly underway and you have probably already come across some ‘stressors’ this year. This edition of “A Teachable Moment” aims to give you some practical strategies for reducing teacher stress this term and some tips for truly ‘enjoying the journey’ of teaching.
- Plan your day – take some time to think through your day and make a plan
- Try not to take things personally – relax and trust people’s motives
- Take a moment for yourself – make a cup of tea, breathe some deep breaths, go for a walk around the block
- Say sorry when you’re wrong – a great stress busting tip
- Drink more water – stay well hydrated throughout the day
- Eat well – enjoy something at lunch that will serve your body not hinder it and make it sluggish
- Laugh! Don’t take yourself so seriously
- Learn to delegate
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help
- Do one job at a time – sometimes trying to do too many things at one time can act as a stressor. Finish one job before you start the next.
- Don’t try and change things that you can’t change
- Learn to say ‘no’
- Look for the positive side in every situation
- Take time to reflect on things that are going well
Enjoy the journey,
And more importantly,
Enjoy the moments.